Thursday, July 18, 2019

The best diet delivery services

The best diet delivery services 

These are best diet delivery services, according to our testers CREDIT: SHAIITH/ISTOCKPHOTO
With so many services to choose from, we tasked ourselves with finding the best there is and trialed the top food delivery companies to help you clean up your body and eating habits just in time for the beach.

Best diet delivery service for effortless ease

Spring Green London Diet Delivery Service
Spring Green London Diet Delivery Service
Great for...Spring Green’’s Botanical Superfood Radiance Programme promises to leave you feeling more hydrated, lighter and brighter. None of the food contains cow dairy or wheat and the recipes are low in sugar, yet designed to taste great. And it’s certainly true that if you’re looking for healthy, filling food with zero effort this package is for you. Things got off to a winning start for me when lunch arrived on day 1: a courgetti bowl with broccoli, pomegranate, sprouted grains and - unheard of for something that’s so low fat - a creamy, delicious tahini dressing.  
Hunger factor: There are three meal plans to choose from - 100% Vegan, Light Protein and Active Protein - but as I went for the latter, I never felt really hungry. From grilled salmon at lunch to toasted cashews added to a vegetable stew for supper, each meal is packed with healthy protein. Saying that, it’s certainly true that the regular snacks that come as part of the programme were welcome. The boosting berry and nut mix sprinkled with superfood berry powder was a particular highlight.
Flavour ranking: It feels like Spring Green have really prioritised flavour when planning these meals. I got a little addicted to the Morning Love + Beauty Tonic - a hibiscus and berry infused filtered water, which you’re supposed to drink each morning to kick start your system. Unlike some meal plans I’ve tried none of these felt dry or basic. I’d put that down to the above-and-beyond ingredients; like a lime dip with kale summer rolls for lunch or hummus-drenched roasted aubergine.
Weight loss: Sounding too good to be true so far? Well, perhaps my weight loss would prove that. I barely lost 2 pounds - but I was only doing this over three days, so you might well have better success over a longer period, if you are looking for quick weight loss.
Skin boosting: Not something I massively noticed. But again, perhaps I didn’t test these for long enough in that respect.
Energy levels: Excellent. Thanks to the nut-based super snacks in between substantial meals I never felt that post sugar/lunch slump that’s so familiar to anyone who eats at least two meals a day at their desk.
Logistical ease: Everything you need delivered to your desk daily? What could be easier?!
Difficulty rating: The evening meal heats in three minutes in a microwave but that's literally the most effort you have to put in - for some delicious food that also happens to be healthy.
From £55 per day for one person. Tested by Hattie Brett

Best diet delivery service for beginners

Mindful Chef diet delivery service
Mindful Chef diet delivery service
Great for... Mindful Chef's raison d'etre is all in the name- making us think through the food we're feeding ourselves. To that end, the service is a brilliant reminder that preparing a meal truly from scratch can be a soothing and actually-not-too-difficult process. Of course, they make it infinitely easier by providing all the ingredients ready weighed out for you, just chopping and cooking required. 
Hunger factor: Minimal. I tried the two-person package, sharing two of the three meals with my boyfriend then having the leftovers of the third one for my lunch the next day, a practice I'd definitely recommend, even if you are signing up just for yourself. The portions seemed generous and the recipes all contained some form of healthy grain to keep hunger at bay. 
Flavour ranking: Excellent, all the recipes contained delicious, flavour-rich ingredients like paprika or garlic. Although I'm not a vegan I was fascinated to try nutritional yeast which added a lovely cheesy taste to the buckwheat risotto. 
Weight loss: That wasn't the aim for me but I certainly felt less bloated after eating the Mindful Chef recipes than I do after my usual bowl of pesto pasta.  With plenty of hearty vegetables and sensible amounts of unrefined carbs, the meals are a no-brainer way to a healthier dinner. 
Skin-boosting: I didn't test them for long enough to notice a discernible difference. 
Energy levels: Excellent. The moderate portions of slow-release carbs meant I didn't suffer the all-too-common, give-me-sugar afternoon slump when I ate the meals for lunch. 
Logistical ease: The delivery system was excellent; the box containing everything I would need was left outside my house on Monday morning, in time for me to come home and cook on Monday evening. Perhaps the only downside was the amount of packaging but this is the sacrifice you make for the ease of the concept and thankfully most of it was recyclable. 
Difficulty rating: If you're in search of a no-fuss way to eat healthily then this, quite frankly, is not it. Although each meal came packaged in cleverly colour coded bags with all the ingredients pre-weighed, there was still a significant amount of cooking and chopping to get through. I'd say that you need between 30 and 45 minutes clear to prepare each meal. But I really appreciated the care and attention which this forced me to give my dinner. While I do often cook from scratch already, Mindful Chef made me consider different ingredients which take a little longer to prepare. An added bonus? Chopping a huge butternut squash into cubes was a seriously good arm toning opportunity. 
From £9 per day for one person.Tested by Bethan Holt 
How to make a healthy red grape, apple and acai berry smoothie
h

Best diet delivery service for food-lovers   

The Detox Kitchen diet delivery service
The Detox Kitchen diet delivery service
Great for... food lovers and would-be detoxers who can't face the prospect of a week on liquids-only. I have zero willpower when it comes to sweet treats but stuck with it because I knew my body would thank me for it in the long run. 
Hunger factor: The Detox Kitchen's has different packages from different requirements: vegan, protein and an active protein for those who work out more. I choose the Green with Protein and the portions are delicious and above all, generous. The day started off with a wholesome helping of granola or Bircher muesli, which certainly kept the mid-morning rumbles at bay. Lunch - often geared towards quinoa and lentils - was also ample. I did get peckish before my evening meal, but more likely because I'm used to grazing on sugary treats all afternoon.
Flavour ranking: The aubergine Thai green curry with a fillet of ginger salmon was tastier than anything I ever ate in Thailand, so much so that I tweeted them asking for the recipe. Evening meals were definitely a taste sensation - the king prawn and lentil dahl was also a highlight.
Weight loss: I lost 1lb and my stomach felt and looked flatter in the absence of wheat and sugar. I'm also prone to bloating and this didn't happen during my three-day feast.
Skin-boosting: I think my skin looked a bit clearer, but that's as much as I noticed.
Energy levels: On the second day I suffered from a bad headache in the afternoon, which could have been my body crying out for caffeine and sugar - or equally just tired eyes desperate for a screen break. I felt sleepier earlier in the evenings and slept well, waking up before my alarm. I carried out a one-hour yoga class and my usual 35-minute swim and felt fine.
Logistical ease: This was so easy you'd have to be a fool to reach for the biscuit tin while undertaking a menu plan. Everything you need to eat for the day ahead, including mid-meal nibbles and a dose of lemon or mint for hot drinks, is included. On my day off from work I just took my lunch and juice out and about with me, stopping for a herbal tea. It couldn't be any more straightforward.
Difficulty rating: I was surprised to taste food that was consistently appetising despite being sugar and wheat-free, so aside from the odd sweet or chocolate craving, this lazy girl's approach to detoxing was a doddle.
From £31.45 per day. Tested by Olivia Bergin

Best diet delivery service for vegetarians and vegans

Raw Fairies daily food delivery
Raw Fairies daily food delivery
Great for... People who are flirting with vegetarianism or a vegan diet or those who want a complete clean diet as well as the benefits of raw food.  
Hunger factor: Those keen on breakfast will find the two small smoothies hard going in the morning. Though each daily blend was delicious I had to supplement my two drinks with nuts. Lunch and dinner were both ample portions, with the evening meal including a main event (eg. quiche or pizza) plus a salad.
Flavour ranking: The juices and smoothies are tastier than anything you can buy in the supermarket, while salad enthusiasts will find the innovative parsnip cous cous and butternut pasta a welcome change from the norm. And who knew you could make a mushroom burger (plus bun) out of solely raw food?
Weight loss: 1lb, but I would predict more for those who will find the abundance of vegetables and no meat an utter shock from their normal diets.
Skin-boosting: Clearer skin due to the increase in fluids and absence of sugar.
Energy levels: I noticed I was a lot more tired than usual in the evenings, but this was probably due to the lack of sugary treats in the afternoon. I found I also woke up needing the toilet more due to the amount of fluid I was taking on (herbal teas and juices as well as more water). Although I didn't exercise for the period I think it would have been fine.
Logistical ease: Very easy. All the meals come early in the morning so you can have them delivered to work or home at your convenience.
Difficulty rating: I would definitely do it again - if just for the innovative menu ideas and freshness of the food.

No comments:
Write Comments